What tests does gene2me do?
'i-Happy for healthy lifestyle'
- Ancestry(Admixture) analysis is a method to check a person's geographical origin based on one's genetic ancestry. Admixture calculations provide genetic ancestry analysis to an individual by compairing individual's genome data with sample datasets. The datasets are diverse depending on the used setup and analysis methods. A new sample is normally compared to the ancestral components by the calculation of the percentage. Using this App, you can find your geographical origin that your genome are telling.
- Considered one of the bad fats, triglycerides are highly associated with metabolic syndrome. Arteries are likely to harden as a result of high levels of these fats, and this could increase the risk of diabetes.
- One of the fats, cholesterol as a whole divides into good cholesterol (HDL), bad cholesterol (LDL), and triglycerides. Because LDL is also highly associated with atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries) and triglycerides, bad cholesterol (LDL) is used as a general indicator to determine state of health.
Blood glucose control
- Blood glucose is the concentration of glucose in blood which acts as the brain’s and red blood cells’ source of energy. If the blood glucose level is high or low instead of maintaining homeostasis, it can cause a variety of syndromes including metabolic syndrome.
Blood pressure control
- Blood pressure control generally deals with arterial pressure. Depending on the blood pressure level, it can be expressed as high blood pressure, low blood pressure, and normal blood pressure. Blood pressure may increase or decrease with age depending on environmental, psychological, and genetic factors.
Vitamin C metabolism
- Vitamin C is known as a kind of antioxidant that prevents cell damage, resists infection, and helps heal wounds.
- Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and metabolism, reduces fatigue, and awakens mental faculties. Depending on the person, there can be differences of the ability to consume and metabolize caffeine.
'e-Happy for beautiful lifestyle'
Body mass index
- The Body Mass Index (BMI) is a widely used formula for obesity. Metabolism syndromes can be prevented, and a balanced, healthful lifestyle can be maintained through systematic body mass control.
- Naturally occurring skin aging occurs over time such as photoaging, intrinsic aging, environmental factor and etc. These require various efforts to minimize effects on the skin.
- Skin elasticity with age decreases due to a decline of dermis collagen, the most important factor known concerning skin elasticity preservation. However, by maintaining collagen and increasing skin moisture, this type of skin aging can be overcome.
- Skin pigmentation is caused by increased melanin. Pigmentation can temporarily increase for pregnant women due to hormonal changes.
- Hair loss is largely divided into male pattern alopecia, female pattern alopecia, and telogen alopecia. Among alopecias (hair loss), baldness occurs most frequently. Due to a recent increase in female pattern alopecia, hair loss is no longer only considered as a male problem.
- If a male has a family history of male pattern alopecia, his hair may begin to thin around the age of 20 to 30. Additionally, caucasians usually have thinner hair than asians.